Monday, May 11, 2009

A Buzz Like No Other

I am reminded on a daily basis that there is only two weeks left of school and finals every morning when I wake up in a fit of panic worrying that I missed a final or forgot a paper. That was not however the case last night. See, you have to actually go to sleep in order to wake up. I blame no one other than myself for procrastinating until the day before a paper is due to write it(or as my boyfriend says, its not procrastination, I am just motivated by deadlines) . I do also blame my slave-driving employer who schedules me to work open-to-close 13 hour shifts every weekend.

So as 6 am rolled on by, I found myself high as ever. With the amount of caffeine and adrenaline running through my veins, it doesn't surprise me though. Its amazing how the feeling of banging out an 11 page paper gives you a buzz. Suddenly you look down and 5 hours have gone by and your almost done. The relief you feel afterwards is something I will miss about college. Its even more comforting to look up and see a surprising amount of students around me doing the exact same thing I am. Its comforting to know I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment